• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
    B E Y Z A
    remember me when i’m reborn as a shrike

Beyza knows she is extraordinary, knows how much she has to offer - how much she would give - but hearing those words from Jamie in her mind overshadow even her most confident thoughts. Her crystalline eyes shine with pleasure - from his touch on her forehead, to the words he whispers into her mind, and even his ability to speak into her mind at all. She is thrilled by it all and by a future where his mastery over his power will only grow.

And her certainty that she is going to be there by his side for all of what is to come. 

The pale magician wonders if this is dangerous, the magnitude with which every action and every word from Jamie affects her. Is this normal? Is this love or is it something else entirely? Something as different from love as they are from everyone else.

But in this moment, she cannot say she minds - whatever is causing the churning feeling in her stomach or the tingling sensation down her spine - she’s enjoying it far too much to dissect it. A small smile appears at his question about her voice and she pairs her response with a piece of the memory of Pangea burning and a vision of herself and how she had been so angry electricity had arced across her coat in miniature flashes of lightning. “A witch burned Pangea, tried to turn it into something else. I think it came back with my rage.”

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you - by Beyza - 02-25-2021, 10:35 AM