• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
    B E Y Z A
    remember me when i’m reborn as a shrike

Beyza’s gaze is intent on him, eyes unblinking, as he moves towards the body. She doesn’t move from her spot - all the better to watch him, to give him a chance to explore his new power for himself. Jealousy twists in her stomach when he touches the dead body without hesitation, and she finds her gaze lingering on the point of contact.

On the corpse that would have felt his touch, such as it was anyway.

She manages to stop this unpleasant feeling from showing on her face, at least, and there’s just a tightening of her jaw as she attempts to lock it away with all the other feelings she does not want to deal with. When he turns back to her, she forces herself to meet her gaze and not let her eyes linger on the corpse, on the shoulder.

It helps to distract her when he asks his question - a soft smile appearing. “Yes. It was beautiful.” She’s not worried that he’ll think her odd for saying it. There is, however, a slight hesitation before she continues - and her pale head tilts slightly to the side as she watches him. “I birthed it.” She states this simply, but there’s a sweetness to her voice. A fondness.

“Something I carried back, from when we went beyond death.”

@[jamie]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you - by Beyza - 01-18-2021, 03:42 PM