• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Warden

Red, white, blue, horned, winged, and smelling of family. Warden proves not so hard to find after all, I muse, my hooves crunching the white sand below as I finish my approach.

"Uncle," I intone in my small voice as I step through the dangling vines so like the ones my grandfather recalls from his childhood in the Jungle of yore. I smile at the thought of that, of that generational passage of knowledge from one to another like the flow of water from the river to the ocean. And to look across and see in the face of one of my own blood a story entirely its own... Yes, I can but smile. 

I've heard whispers of a new king round these parts. As I shift into my more comfortable mode of mind-based communication, I offer the magnificent stallion -- so like Warrick -- a sweeping bow, cannon to ground and nose to chest. When I rise, my smile grows into a grin. You could not be more worthy if you tried. Congratulations.

Before I complete my first step toward the king, a half-vision half-memory shows me the scene of Warden finding me upon the river, a cauterized and self-inflicted wound sizzling fresh upon my skin. It feels so real that I feel myself reach for my light out of habit; but the trigger passes and I allow the blue light to dissipate from within my mouth. For a moment I worry that the scene might somehow transfer to the man I consider a cousin, nay, a brother, due to some complex interaction between our familial precognition and my telepathy. But after a moment long enough for me to take a deep breath and regain my composure, it seems as though Warden remains unburdened.

Well, good. Offering an unbridled grin, I step forward and in to Warden's embrace and remain there for a long time, though in our family's terms it lasts about an average amount of time. Blowing out as I step back, I cock a hip and swish a wing tip to ward off the tropical flies.

It's been long. Catch me up, will you?

@[Warden] no one asked for this but merry christmas here u go xoxo
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-11-2020, 02:50 AM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-12-2020, 04:13 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-14-2020, 04:16 PM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-15-2020, 09:00 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 12-28-2020, 10:25 PM
    RE: Warden - by Warden - 12-30-2020, 12:56 PM
    RE: Warden - by Rhaegor - 01-06-2021, 10:29 PM