• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

out with the golden we sew // Star
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Before long, the sound of a young girl crashing through the woods with her father finds my ears; I smile at the sound, recalling times when I myself played with my young children in just such a way. When I could, anyhow; leadership so often steals those precious years from parents. I can only hope that I did well and make amends for the areas in which I failed my beloved children.

Oriash comes to mind, she who now graces our family with her presence with a dependable regularity; I close my eyes and picture her buckskin-and-blue hide now, with her proud antlers and her demure ways. Such a beautiful and aching mixture of Solace and I. With her image behind my eyes, I send a prayer of thanks to the forces that be, thanks for a daughter's forgiveness, the sweet taste of which far outweighs the putridness of a mother's neglect.

Thank you.

Then, the crashing sound meets me full on.

Are you a friend of Uncle Yan? Comes the voice, belonging to one alabaster filly not ten feet in front of me. I smile, thinking that the name she mentions rings a bell, but I don't have time to ponder further as she offers me a childlike description of the character at hand.

"I am afraid I do not know this Yan personally," I say, stepping to the girl with a lowered head to offer first an exchange of breath and then a rumple of her sweet-smelling forelock. My maternal instincts must be acting up today! I step back. "But if he is a friend of yours, then he is a friend of mine. My name is Kagerus."

Then, with a blink of her wide blue eyes and a shuffle of her downy wings, my new friend asks my about my apparitions. I laugh at this, an easy and crystalline sound. "They are more a part of me than friends of mine, but I consider myself a friend, so, yes." I say this last word with dramatic emphasis and with a decided nod of my Arabic head. Then, I send the creatures toward the girl, their noses twitching and their bellies showing as they roll and grin and frollick about her.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    out with the golden we sew // Star - by Kagerus - 12-11-2020, 02:29 AM
    RE: out with the golden we sew // Star - by Kagerus - 12-28-2020, 10:43 PM