• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Beat Me Up, Beat Me Down | Sixteen
    Astra Daggenhardt
    Frail limbs stepped gingerly through the tall grass, and Astra found herself relieved to breathe in the fresh air of the meadow. The warm sands of Pangea were often a comfort to her, but, she still found herself wishing for the company of the butterflies who fluttered freely through the lush green grasses, and her heart would always wander back to them. Though still sore, she managed to travel at a somewhat slow pace.

Fear and sadness had once again taken their hold in her heart, and she wished dearly for the rest to follow - it was why she'd come to the meadow, after all. She'd thought that, perhaps, seeing her delicate winged friends flying so freely in the warm Summer air would awaken something, anything, within her, even if just the tiniest inkling of joy. Recently, things had taken a dark turn, and she'd been left scarred and afraid, her once pure white coat now marred by large scars. Her right shoulder bore jagged marks, scraping upwards towards her wing, while other parts of her body had been adorned with scars of various sizes. Black wings tipped with gold, though reunited with her body, were still aching, and she dared not move them too much.

She paused for a moment, her small frame swaying in discomfort as a low groan escaped her. Blinking away tears, her glimmering eyes searched the skies for her friends, wishing that butterfly kisses could turn pain to joy. Turquoise hair gently swirled in the warm breeze, and though her ribs screamed in protest, she breathed in deeply, sighing as she slowly allowed her muscles to relax, if only slightly. Fear ate at the back of her mind constantly now, making it difficult to truly relax.

The movement of snow-white wings caught her attention, and she quickly lost all focus and train of thought as she gazed at two butterflies dancing around each other freely above her. Lost in their trance, she let her legs give out below her, laying in the long grass with a soft thud, letting out a small cry as tender muscles hit the ground. Astra was quickly distracted by the butterflies once again though, and as one landed upon her pink nose, she stared at it, her mind completely free of thoughts.
    One life with one dream on repeat

@[sixteen]
    no thoughts, head empty

Messages In This Thread
    Beat Me Up, Beat Me Down | Sixteen - by Astra Daggenhardt - 10-09-2020, 02:21 PM