• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

some things never change; open

He had been born for this kingdom. He was not a product of love, at least not in the traditional sense. His sire and dam had loved their kingdom only, and what a better show of that love than providing Her a strong son, one to be groomed and preened to perfection? Groomed and preened indeed. From the very beginning his life had been the Chamber. Her survival was always his ultimate goal. Through bloodshed and scars, he had climbed the ranks…not once, but twice. And he would do it three, four, even a hundred times if his kingdom asked it of him. He was not interested in personal gain and the evidence of that blazed blue on his chest. The place where his soul had left his body, all for the Chamber.

His eyes never leave the other stallion, feeling the tendrils of magic sweep over his body subtly. Perhaps given his own encounter with magic he was prone to being more sensitive to it, or maybe Set was just that powerful. Whatever the reason it made the air around them tingle, and Warship was surprised he couldn’t hear sparks. He seems to know Gryffen, and they speak of the old days. The slave pens were both before and after his time here. Not that he’d ever really left, he’d simply slipped into the shadows and lived like a recluse. The magic stallion speaks to them all in turn before finally turning to the old warrior. His ears flicker at the questions, his shoulders tensing. Its not often he’s asked to explain himself and he finds it a loaded question, one he’s uncomfortable to answer. “I was born here, raised within these borders. I’ve known nothing else. Because of that, Her welfare has always been of my utmost concern. I’ve bled for this kingdom, fought for Her. I was on the brink of death and sold my soul to be able to serve her for as long as she should need me.” he said, his voice rough but proud. True, there may not be fancy titles and a long list of murders next to his name, but he was loyal to his kingdom. Loyal maybe to a fault, but loyal nonetheless.

W A R S H I P

I come from a long bloodline that ain't gonna change
    So take your pistol pointing finger right off the trigger
    I know where to aim...hell, I'm to blame

Messages In This Thread
    some things never change; open - by Set - 08-10-2015, 01:31 AM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Warship - 08-10-2015, 12:07 PM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Gryffen - 08-10-2015, 03:41 PM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Set - 08-16-2015, 12:37 AM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Killdare - 08-16-2015, 07:59 AM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Gryffen - 08-16-2015, 01:57 PM
    RE: some things never change; open - by Warship - 08-23-2015, 09:51 PM