• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ice cream, you scream
    I know I'm jumping, but I just wanted to wrap up Heartfire's little plot tangent here

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

It would have been amusing that Straia mistook her actions here in Pangea as the bargaining chip were it not so disappointing. No, like Nerine had been to Straia, Pangea is only a means to an end.

The bargaining chip is cooperation. Perhaps Straia had the power to pull them kicking and screaming along with her plan, but Heartfire sincerely doubted she had the foresight. A fact she had already begun to amply demonstrate.

There are always other terms, she replies. Straia waxes poetic on the beauty of the lands of old. Lands Heartfire had been born into. Lands with which she had once been intimately familiar. But it is not the lands that make greatness.

Straia lives in the past, but Heartfire has always sought the future.

So it’s truly a shame that Straia had missed the mark so wholly. Their partnership could have been a great one. If you cannot discover who I am to have the power to negotiate, then you are not nearly as powerful as I imagined. Ego had gotten the better of the raven magician it seems. Still, Heartfire had achieved what she wished for the moment even as she lays her own framework for the future. Either that, or you are less intelligent than I gave you credit for.

She moves then to call Haunt back. The shadow creature is disappointed, and for a moment considers refusing, but in the end, growing weariness triumphs over the continued wreaking of havoc. With a disappointed sigh, they close the ocean portal and open another for the Northern party to step through.

If you wish to prove me wrong and have the North to back your efforts, I imagine you can figure out how to find me.

heartfire

@[Straia] sorry, she's being a raging bitch lmao, but if you want to continue, I figured we could start a different thread

Messages In This Thread
    Ice cream, you scream - by Leilan - 09-12-2020, 08:52 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Straia - 09-12-2020, 09:07 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Heartfire - 09-12-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by sixteen - 09-12-2020, 05:58 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Stalag - 09-13-2020, 04:15 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Catryn - 09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Straia - 09-14-2020, 08:24 AM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Heartfire - 09-14-2020, 01:32 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Izora Lethia - 09-14-2020, 08:27 PM
    RE: Ice cream, you scream - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 04:23 AM