• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

god make me pay like the devil i am; dark
    it was a blood-soaked feast
    that never ceased
    Her frown breaks, a subtle pull of those pearlescent lips bathed in twilight and the stuttering of watery shadows that dance across them dangerously. She tries to keep it from him and she is nearly successful, but those calculating lavender eyes rarely miss the microexpressions he watches so studiously. Are you the abyss?

The.

Such a simple word, but one that causes him to pause thoughtfully, which in turn brings his watery shield around her to a smooth standstill. Not an abyss, the abyss. The smile that creeps along the damp cracks of his pale mouth is one that may remain in her mind for the rest of her life. “I am,” he confirms with such gravity in his voice that even the flow of the water around them begins to dwindle as if time itself has started to slow.

Maugrim meets her eyes and is nearly lost as he pierces his own gaze into those dark, bold irises. He has never been good at much of anything, he would never admit, save for his powerful hold over water and its undying loyalty, or the way that he draws innocent victims in unsuspecting moths to a flame. His lips twitch as she boldly comes closer (though does she have a choice, with the impending threat of water looming just near her?), something like relaxation appearing in his jawline as he tilts his head at her.

She frowns, peering up at him, considering him. He does nothing to hide the grimace that wrinkles his face unpleasantly, not too fond of being looked upon with such scrutiny. “I will do whatever I want,” comes his growling reply, the sparkling light of her armor now dancing in wavering reflections on the wall of water that now begins to move towards her once again. His heart races as fear grows in her expression, heat building in his chest. It’s beautiful, he thinks, the strange dance of light and water. “Though you are spectacularly skilled at prolonging the inevitable.”

His eyes are fierce and shining, turning grim when she mentions a him. The relaxation that once slackened his sharp jawline now grows taut, ears falling into the dampness of his dark mane that clings to the curve of his pearlescent neck. Her breath brushes his evergreen cheek, perfectly warm and inviting. Despite this, even this softest of gestures feels sharp and jagged, unfamiliar and foreign. “I will drown you,” he reminds her through the grinding of his teeth. The wall of water writhes hastily, shimmering and faltering as pieces of it fall to the ground, snaking towards her without hesitation, licking eagerly at the slender of her ankles.

He is angry, he knows, but he does not fully understand why.

“It would take me mere seconds.” The water crawls upwards and though its movement is sinister and terrible, there is a beauty in the way it traces the delicate bones of her legs. He wonders if he could break each one of her legs, but the idea remains only an idea as he steps closer, crowding her. “I won’t even give you a thought - not one - as I watch you die.” His voice is low and hissing, slipping through his teeth. He pauses and those abysmal eyes search hers thoroughly before adding: “Do not forget this.”

He releases her momentarily, slackening his water’s grip on her. He still hovers closely, not interested in letting his caged bird fly off into the night just yet. The stallion takes a single sweeping step back, his eyes still fixated hungrily on hers. “What do you think, then? Real or imaginary?” It’s not exactly the question he wants to ask, but he knows if he asks about him, he just may kill her sooner than he intends.
    m a u g r i m.

@[dark]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: god make me pay like the devil i am; dark - by Maugrim - 05-04-2021, 07:39 PM