• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  in this world there's real and make believe
    So I was very sure that I had already replied to you and had even checked it off on my list but apparently I never hit post so here is a poor recreation of the original

She holds her breath as Fern begins her magic, bending down as close to the earth as she dares. It feels risky, standing so close to such an arcane working, but the thrill it sends down Asena’s purple-blue spine is like no other she has ever felt.

“Oh,” she exhales softly in wonder, unable to think of any words good enough to describe it. The flowers are very small but strongly scented, and Asena is sure that the Fairy will love them. Even if the Fairy does not, she thinks, she will treasure this strange plant, and perhaps even return with it to Ischia.

“Thank you Fern. Thank you so much!” A Ghost Orchid. Even the name seems appropriate, and Asena leans forward carefully for a better look.

“I could probably carry it in my teeth, don’t you think?” She muses aloud, as much to herself as to her green and white companion. “If I were very careful and didn’t drop it?”

@[Fern]

A S E N A

i’d rather run the other way
    than stay and see the smoke and who’s still standing when it clears

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in this world there's real and make believe - by Asena - 10-24-2020, 03:09 PM