• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

She has felt the pull for a while now. Had recognized it as the same whisper that had woken her months ago, but stronger. She hadn't imagined ignoring it would make it vanish, but she had hoped time would temper it.

Especially when she had finally realized exactly what (or rather who) it was.

But the fear draws her. Her life has never been a suitable one for children, but even though it has long been buried deep, a living heart still beats beneath it all. And the fear unsettles her, stirring a long suppressed instinct. Though she does not answer it heedlessly, she does (finally) answer.

She knows what this means, of course. Once acknowledged, the girl would be vulnerable. Not just to the heartache she had been born into, but also that which follows Heartfire, a weighty stone she could not shake.

But as she breaks into the clearing bordering the slow summer currents of the river, it could no longer be helped.

She doesn't announce her arrival. It would be unneeded. Just as she knew exactly where they were, no doubt Aela would know she was close. Her own ineffable calm counters the young filly's fear as she approaches, eyes skimming over the dapple gray mare before falling to the red and gold youth.

"I've been expecting you," she offers by way of greeting. As though she had not been the one to crash their solitude.

heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire - by aletta - 06-08-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire - by Heartfire - 06-24-2020, 11:23 PM