• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

She isn’t fool enough to believe that, in his state of mind, her censure would hold great weight. But it is not censure she is here to deliver. Rather it’s a promise. One he seems too lost in his psychosis to have understood. Perhaps her expectations are too high, but chastisement is not the result of failure. At least, not when it concerns the blue and white mare.

“Whatever I say, hm?” she replies thoughtfully to his mocking agreement, the subtle sharpness of her features remaining unchanging despite the clear evidence he did not take her seriously. Between one breath the next, less than a blink even, chill fingers run along his spine, erasing all evidence that even a tuft of hair had only moments earlier stood proudly erect from his nape.

“How quickly can you run, Wolfbane?” she continues, her tone disarmingly friendly even as the volume drops. “Or is it you think you could have your teeth at my throat more quickly than I could rip them from your mouth?”

She gives him a moment then, to consider the consequences. To consider his response. She cannot know his thoughts, but she does rather hope he’ll use his memories. Still, she cannot help but think that both he had Wyrm may share the same fatal mistakes. After all, Wyrm too had assumed she needed his eyes to find him. But his eyes should have been the very least of his concerns (something Eyas would no doubt one day learn, but she is young yet).

“If it were only undesirable, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Which you know as well as I do, or you wouldn’t have said anything. She does smile then, briefly, but nevertheless true. “My presence here is meant as a kindness, for the kinship you are choosing to spurn. But you must know it is the only one I’ll offer. Don’t waste it.”

heartfire

Please let me know if this isn't ok! I can definitely change it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lost in the monster you've become; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 07-02-2020, 04:15 PM