• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

gold cage; hostage to my feelings; lilliana
    Celina does not care that Lilliana is hesitant, and perhaps uncomfortable. But when the red mare’s dusty lips pull into a thin line, a defiant expression paired with a spoken retort, Celina does find that interesting. Does she hope that the child growing within the copper mare is her sibling?

She does like Nashua, and having another sibling for her own is appealing.

But if it is not a sibling, then shouldn’t it die? She does not think that her father would be happy to find Lilliana growing wide with someone else’s child. She has been working hard to ensure that Nash will be their father’s second favorite. Would having to kill his mother lower Nashua’s reputation in Wolfbane’s eyes?

So she answers truthfully to the perhaps rhetorical question: “I do.” It is not concern for the woman that makes her say it, but it is unlikely Lilliana would ever mistake it for that. Celina is not sure what tales her brother has told his mother, but she does like that the mare moves away as Celina draws closer. Is she afraid, Celina wonders? She hopes, really, and takes a step closer, and then another. Lilliana offers an alternative to the tale Celina might tell Nashua. She mentions the other boy too, but Celina is most interested in what it is that Lilliana wants them to be told.

“Will you be leaving soon?” She asks curiously, still inching closer with each small step. Celina is growing more curious. How far will Lilliana back away? What will happen when she is up against the canyon wall behind her? How much would the Pangeans let her get away with when it came to the proper treatment of their captive? “No one back in Taiga even cares that you’re gone,” she tells the flame-marked mare, her manner almost regretful, as though she does not wish to be the bearer of ill news. “Neverwhere is gone – probably dead. Nashua is excited you’re gone and there are no more rules. I think Izora Lethia and Ruthless are going to have siblings for Nash and me in the spring, too.” Celina peppers in a few lies on the fly, recalling what little she knows.

”So really it’s very exciting in Taiga now that you’re gone, and I don’t want to ruin the boys’ fun by telling him a lie that’ll hurt their feelings.” She shrugs, a casual ‘I’m sure you understand’ sort of motion, and takes another step closer. Her seagreen eyes are focused intently, her pale head tilting this way and that in curiosity. “I’m sure you understand, right?”

@[lilliana]

celina
    i'm that bad type, make-your-mama-sad type
    make-your-girlfriend-mad type, might-seduce-your-dad type

Messages In This Thread
    RE: gold cage; hostage to my feelings; lilliana - by Celina - 05-19-2020, 04:08 PM