• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  if I lose myself tonight it'll be by your side, Thomas
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    The red filly had been working at standing while her parents fussed over them and decided on names, and while they are busy focusing on her sister she has finally managed to straighten both legs without toppling over. She is pleased with herself, and though she is unsteady – as if a strong gust of wind could knock her clean over – she is mildly disgruntled when her mother is once again hovering over her. She makes a sort of bleating sound in the back of her throat, shaking her small head and trying to move away from Desire when she insists on touching her warm nose to her glass flank in an attempt to keep her from falling.

There was no hiding the worry that clouded Desire’s face. Even though their daughters were beautiful, and she wouldn’t wish them to be any other way – glass and all – she couldn’t help but to be internally terrified. It seemed that it would be impossible to protect them forever, and though she had been confident before they were born that she was capable of keeping a glass baby safe, witnessing exactly how fragile they were had her feeling entirely different.

With her head dropped so that the flat of her cheek could rest against his shoulder, she is quiet while the girls nurse. Hourglass finishes and nuzzles herself against her father’s side, and Desire’s heart clenches at the sound of glass against glass. She reaches to run her nose along Clementia’s back, marveling at the fact that, somehow, her and Thomas had made this. She wonders briefly if this is how her mother had felt when her and Stave had been born; if maybe that was why she had kept them so close in the beginning, because they were a physical, tangible combination of the strange relationship she had with their father.

The feel of his lips against her forehead stirs her from her thoughts, and though she reflexively leans into him, she closes her eyes against the guilt that burns inside her chest. “Don’t thank me,” she whispers into his neck, lowering her head further to press against his chest. For a moment she lets the sound of his heart drown out everything else, but she finally finishes quietly, almost sadly, “I want you to be the one good thing in this world I don’t destroy, but I always eventually ruin everything.”
    i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

I was thinking this could be a closer and we can do a new thread of Desire feeling like the worthless trash she is.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if I lose myself tonight it'll be by your side, Thomas - by Desire - 06-22-2020, 12:20 AM