• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Sweet Sting || Ghaul, Any ||
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    Ghaul watches the outline of Wolfbane’s face as he speaks. Sometimes his head rotates and tilts as he considers him. The shifter does not fully grasp his plans or the divinity in his blood, but he is beginning to – like eyes adjusting to the dark. The monster does not elaborate but rather lets the other continue with his own path.

Vengeance. The word is foreign to him and yet it sounds delightful. It reminds him of things like sacrifice or penance, things he knows very well. Wolfbane refers to himself as a caged animal and a thin wisp of smoke is exhaled from the corners of Ghaul’s mouth. Others had tried to restrain or muzzle him and each of them had failed spectacularly. A deep, gravel-filled laugh rumbles from his lungs as his smile returns. Perhaps he should explain his purpose after all.

Pangea’s purpose, my purpose is to burn this world to the ground,” he says, slowly stretching his wings wide. “Loess and Nerine will be the kindling, and I will throw the weak upon the pyre. Only the strong and the worthy will survive, just as the ashes of a forest give life to the next.

The crooked teeth all remain bared in his smile as he shares his dream. He wonders if Wolfbane would force women and children he has never met – and perhaps some he has – to face the flame. They are all necessary sacrifices, just as Bible had been.

You may stay within our borders. Our laws are few: never disturb our hunts and destroy the lands of anyone who seeks to capture you,” he states with a lasting grin. He recalls torching a small forest in Nerine when they had managed to lure him into their lands. The dead pines and scorched branches had made a suitable nest during his time there. A soft crooning in the distance catches his attention as his small ears perk and his head turns in the direction of the call. Ghaul lifts his chin and gives short chittering in response before turning back to Wolfbane.

My fledglings are ready for their first hunt, so I must leave you. The only kingdom we do not harm is Tephra, but you are free to destroy all others,” he explains as he briefly admires his goat friend. He takes a few steps back and then he takes a running leap off the cliff on which they stand. With a flap of his wings, he glides off toward the pacing young dragons patiently awaiting his return to them.
    @[Wolfbane] I figured we could end this here. Since this also took place prior to ghaul meeting lepis, he said both nerine and loess are a-okay to terrorize.

Messages In This Thread
    The Sweet Sting || Ghaul, Any || - by Wolfbane - 04-22-2020, 07:18 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Ghaul, Any || - by ghaul - 04-25-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Ghaul, Any || - by ghaul - 05-04-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Ghaul, Any || - by ghaul - 05-10-2020, 11:29 PM