• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents)
    A number of horses gather with him today, save for a few faces he was not surprised to know had left. However, the knowledge that Pteron remained in these woods was actually a welcome thought to the champagne stallion. He knew the stallion would one day eventually leave, whether to be with his family, or of his own accord to find his next journey in life. But, while he was here, Aten would listen to his opinions and ideas just as he would any other kingdom resident.

Pteron is the first of the residents, and the news he brings is grave. Aten was not going to bother giving permission for Pteron to speak; the stallion could just do so if he wanted if the information he felt was important enough. He tells the residents that Castile is losing more than just himself to the dragon's nature inside him. Aten knew a bit of how that felt, but it was nowhere near Castile's level since Aten's own hadn't yet reached that far. He also speaks of Wolfbane, and what he is losing himself to, or rather, what is causing him to lose, and Aten almost feels sorry for him.

Almost.

But he holds little remorse for the stallion that uprooted so much when he first arrived here.

Pteron is correct about Taiga not having sufficient protection, and as much as he hates to admit it, he knows the stallion is right. He never wishes to say anything like that... for it meant that the residents would be in great danger if Aten couldn't provide them protection. Aten knows he has to do something about this, and right away, in fear that those he called his friends would suffer.

Lilliana is also here, and gives some interesting news. The Pangean heir is in the custody of the northern lands... that wasn't how Aten may have gone about things, but, well, he hadn't been the leader when that happened. How could they use this, without bloodshed and negative rumors being spread that might lead to war between territories?

What was he saying? They were already there considering they'd kidnapped a royal.

Neverwhere has also arrived, and speaks in regard of Pteron before stating that Taiga has the support of Nerine. Despite those warm words, it is not yet enough. They need more...

"I thank all of you for sharing what you have so far. And Lilliana," he looks to the chestnut, "You are correct. We do need a plan, and to help protect those among us, we need a good one. Of course, that is easier said than done, and despite what they have given us so far, we cannot rely entirely on Craft and Anatomy."

He steps down from the kopje, "Pteron. Despite having served under your mother, there is little she actually told me about the politics when it came to alliances if I was not assigned to them myself. We did not have much luck with the West, but there is always the chance that they may change their minds if we offer different than we did last time. We need the support of other kingdoms as well, for not even three combined, leaders or not, may be able to stand up of what is coming should it be as mighty as you all say.

"Pteron," he looks to the stallion again, "if there is anything you do know in regards to the other kingdoms, I will take any insight that you have. Right now, I see our only main option is the western lands since Loess and Pangea have the south and east under their hooves. Perhaps there are some in those lands who would ally with us, but I will not send any of you there without knowing what you may face so you are not put into unnecessary danger."

@[Pteron] @[lilliana] @[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents) - by Aten - 03-02-2020, 10:44 PM