• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won’t, this time - Lepis

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She doesn’t hesitate to go and find Lepis as soon as she breaks from her conversation with Castile. She knows what is about to happen - Alcinder kidnapped, her move to follow the boy, his escape and then the new mother taken, still separated - and she has to tell someone. Someone who she thinks she can trust with the information that she dared not waylay to the dragon inside: he might have snapped, might have acted before anything had yet happened.

She nears the prickly-pear bushes in flight, the light on her back carrying her through the dragon’s kingdom after meeting with him. She’ll probably be surprised to see Ilma coming for her, but really the white mare is on edge, feeling like she barely has time for this visit.

”Lepis? I need to tell you something before I leave.” The moon-and-sunlight mare calls out, knowing the dun mare should be here any moment.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Lepis] A short post-Castile pre-steals thread for you because that’s how far behind I was with Ilma’s threads
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I won’t, this time - Lepis - by Ilma - 02-26-2020, 02:03 AM
    RE: I won’t, this time - Lepis - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 08:06 AM
    RE: I won’t, this time - Lepis - by Ilma - 02-26-2020, 11:58 AM
    RE: I won’t, this time - Lepis - by Lepis - 02-26-2020, 10:54 PM