• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the glad indomitable sea

O C E A N E
    Hath in her veins,
    to beat and run,
    the glad indomitable sea,
    the strong white sun.

The pair make eye contact almost in slow motion, Oceane's massive wings still flung wide. The cinereal stallion appears to be just as taken aback as she at the sudden presence of another, relieving any hints of suspicion that he had trailed her on her journey westward. Such thoughts have gnawed at the edges of her mind, worrisome and lingering, since her encounter with Ivar — and then only worsened after the time she had spent on the Mountain, battling Mchawi.

The stranger's gruff, surprised voice draws her out of her moment of catatonia and Oceane finds it in her to smile, albeit tightly, as she retracts her opaline wings to her sides. "It's no problem," she brushes off his apology as her bright amber eyes find his brown ones, "I didn't think I would find anyone else so far removed from... everything else." The borders, the politics, the civilization. Admittedly, Oceane enjoys all of those things and always has, but her pregnancy has increased her desire for solitude and seclusion, which is to be blamed on the past she refuses to delve into.

"What brings you to the sea this evening?" she asks, searching for answers in the silvery stallion's brown eyes. The sun's altitude warns her that she should be making her return towards Loess right about now, but the opalescent woman cannot resist the potential for creating a new acquaintanceship, even if by the light of the impending moon.

"I am Oceane," she adds as an afterthought before shifting her weight to stand more comfortably as she braces her sleek frame against the sea's buffeting breeze.

@[kensley] | "WORDS"

neamrel / thedayofshadow
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 07:52 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by kensley - 12-29-2019, 08:38 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 01-01-2020, 08:57 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by kensley - 01-17-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:43 AM