• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

he drank my past, like the finest of wines; raul
    The fragments of her story are hard to understand and even harder to tell. Regardless, he doesn't question. Simply, he holds her, and for this she is grateful. Soothing kisses, as good as a promise, warm the places she hasn't been touched in so long and Warlight allows herself to drawn strength from him once again. But she hopes the exchange is mutual.

The brief mention of their son is enough to send another was of emotions rippling across her leopard-skin frame, but she bites her teeth and only nods. It was enough, for now, to know that the boy was young and healthy and striking out on his own. Health would never be something either one of them took for granted.

Her breath begins to slow as she eases into his hold, and his few words convey his meaning well enough to her.

"Nikkai, that was her name," she replies, before a ragged breath fills her chest as she lets a silence fall between them. Actions, not words were their language, and her pink and freckled lips reach to trace the iron-stained marking of his face. She feels like a shell of the enraged, posturing woman she had been moments before. But there is peace in the emptiness. Most of what had left her she had not needed to hold. Taking a step back, she sinks to the earth with a grunt, never doubting that Raul would follow suit. 

It's too soon to smile, she feels as though she can't express another emotion for a week. But as he settles beside her she feels a sense of clarity and comfort and her throat has shaken away the tightness of her anxiety.

"I think I can talk about it now," she begins, kissing his damp cheeks and closing her eyes. "I want to tell you everything. "

"No more secrets."

@[Raul] A little closer like we talked about <3 you can assume he is up to date on her quest experience and death. Hope it's ok that I power played him a little to wrap it up neatly, of course let me know if you want that changed!
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: he drank my past, like the finest of wines; raul - by Warlight - 01-29-2020, 09:28 PM