• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

Somehow, it’s enthralling how they insult each other, snidely feeding off each other. Their eyes narrow again, followed by more snarls. It’s a vicious although amusing cycle that continue as Reia’s mane hisses, seething with her mood. ”You wouldn’t know intelligence if it bit you on the face,” accented with the lift of her chin, the draconic mare scoffs and glances away as though her time is far too precious to spare on the fish. This is her home, so it would be easy enough to slip away and lose herself in the foliage. Adarra is not far either, and they would reunite to sink their nails deeper into Pteron. A good plan, she malicious schemes, and yet her attention continues returning to Rebelle.

The bounce off each other without an end in sight. It takes a great amount of focus to not ruffle her wings, refusing to give any satisfying reactions. As true as Rebelle’s statement may be – for her husband does indeed lack spine unless she antagonizes him – Reia refuses to provide any information into the intimate secrets of her life. Rather than confess the ugly details and daily struggles, a lie instead flirts with the edges of her lips as they curl into a smug grin. ”He pursued me. Anyone that wants to love me of course needs to be fierce,” somehow, she is convincing as the words tumble effortlessly into the space between them. Her eyes pierce Rebelle’s, scrutinizing every detail, every scale, until their eyes once more meet. Crinkling her nose, she adds, ”Maybe someday someone will get over your fishy smell and want you.” Admittedly, Rebelle likely has a better personality.

But, naturally, Reia doesn’t admit such things. Her compliments are rare, mythical things, especially when faced with someone from the opposing element. Water and fire. They could either burn or drown the other, a battle of sheer stubbornness and pride. For that reason, Reia refuses to be near a shoreline. She would rather be here, on the verge of burning down the forest, than visit an island or swim in a lake. Call it fear, if you must, but she calls it smart.

Groaning, Reia glances toward the groping tree branches surrounding them, measuring a response with fleeting effort before she turns on her companion – if she should call her that – and sharply grinning. ”Just a bit, but aren’t we all a tad arrogant?” Life is battle of strength, wit, and power. Their purpose is to snub each other, to proclaim the greater influencer or greater warrior. Life is a competition, which is why Reia doesn’t stand down when her personal space is tossed to the wind. Their noses nearly touch, their body heats mingling. Sweeping her tail and hissing the fire, Reia snaps her head forward, snake-like, to nip at Rebelle’s muzzle. She doesn’t stumble away afterward. Her body hardly moves even after, not caring what the retaliation will be as her crest blazes more to life. ”I’m sure you wouldn’t taste much different from a barbequed trout.”

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Rebelle]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia - by Reia - 01-17-2020, 08:22 PM