• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [sabra]

K

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

The afterlife claims me without hesitation tonight. Solace's aura disintegrates from my peripheral metaphysical vision and I am left for a moment panicked: forcible removal of my wife has become something of a trigger for me in the recent months. Years now, I suppose. After a brief struggle with the shifting dimensions around me, I manage to get back to her for a moment; with a press of my heart to hers, I tell her that I'll be back soon. I love you.

I submit to the dream.

Around me, the beach materializes. Despite having been here a few times before (to visit my Grandmother, my daughter, Panthera, and a few other dear friends), it's ghast and intangible nature still leaves my skin goose-ridden. A bump of my nose to my own chest leaves me feeling papery and insubstantial, not to mention cold and worried. My semi grey-scaled eyes flash to the figures around me as they waft too and fro, aimless; someone must have wanted me here to have shaped my dream with such force. My nostrils wiggle as a snort billows into the thin air, quieter than it ought to be.

None of the folk I expect to see across from me materialize. Whoever summoned me plays coy, or else I am still groggy from the astral travel.

After a stretch of my neck and a shake of my coat (as though a shake might rid my skin of its discomfort here where I do not belong), I begin to walk with purpose through the crowd of ghosts. The thickness of their number reduces my speed sooner than later. Frustrated and somewhat uneasy, I halt with a stamp of my right hind hoof. Whoever asked me here will have to find me themselves, I decide. My sides quiver; I try to settle in and fail. Hopefully they get here soon...

@[Sabra] I hope this is okay!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [sabra] - by Kagerus - 12-11-2019, 11:33 PM