• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sweet morphine touch; pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

It takes her some time to adjust to him, but Pteron is a patient creature, and when at last she smiles back, it feels like a final puzzle piece settling into place. That she extols the virtues of his home as though they are flaws brings a dancing light to his olive gaze, though the dun stallion does his best to draw his blue mouth in a disapprovingly thin line. It’s a paltry effort though, and one that is fitting with the guilty shrug that follows Catcher’s accusation.

“You found me too early,” he tells her with what might be an apologetic shrug. “I usually try to take a mud bath before greeting visitors.” A rueful shake of his head precedes the next words, the mock seriousness begins to splinter. “Please do forgive me for not dirtying myself to the appropriate level, lady Catcher.”

They share a brief moment of solemnity, one in which Pteron follows her gaze out to the trees. There are few of them visible this time of day, when the fog swallows everything more than a dozen yards away, but overhead the charcoal grey canopy stretches impossibly wide. The pegasus enjoys this time of day despite that. The way the low-lying clouds swallow any sound (why she’d been able to come up on him so quickly), the way they soften everything. He can feel alone this time of day, even surrounded by his family and friends. But Pteron does not often desire solitude, and he is grateful for his unexpected company this morning.

He misses the way her grin grows mischeiviosu, and glances back just after she thanks him, but in time to catch the allusion.

“Oh, you think?” Pteron asks innocently. “I can’t have you doubting. Would you like a closer look?”

@[Catcher]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-17-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM