• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Starsin was not a stranger to struggle and turmoil, but she would be lying if she said she didn’t prefer witnessing someone else’s life fall apart rather than her own.

Maybe, at the core of it, it was because misery loved company. There was something comforting in knowing that no one else’s life was perfect; that everyone hit rock bottom and had to claw their way back out.

Everyone’s stories, though they took different paths, seemed to resemble one another somehow. He offered his to her readily, which was such a rare thing – usually she had to hunt and pry, or flip through useless thoughts until she found something worth keeping. His had all the usual components, and they even matched hers, in a way; love and infidelity, with a twist of Carnage thrown in. Hers had a different ending, though, and maybe that was why she no longer harbored that dark bitterness and anger like she used to. Rock bottom for her and Ophanim had only meant they had been remade and forged back together stronger than before, but it appears the stallion before her cannot say the same.

She may not be angry or bitter anymore, but it still didn’t change who she was at her core. His thoughts should have stirred empathy, or maybe even something like pity, but instead she felt absolutely nothing.

Instead she just sighs after she has taken it all in, tilting her delicate head and blinking her dark blue eyes. “Well, that was quite the...story. Would you consider it a romance, or a tragedy? Little bit of both, maybe?” Her laugh comes as a purr, her star-dappled body slipping closer to him. She has always been foolishly unafraid, but ever since she discovered she could shatter anything and anyone one with a mere bat of her eyelashes, her sense of invincibility seemed to have increased tenfold. She doesn’t think he is the kind to try something, but she’s been wrong before, and so the smile she offers him is sweet enough, there is something sharp hidden in its corners. “My name is Starsin. Does the tragic hero have a name?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Hestoni]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: do you call yourself a hurricane like me, hestoni - by Starsin - 12-01-2019, 04:39 PM