• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  come along to the river; round 3
    <style type="text/css">.whisteria_container{position:relative;z-index:1;width:720px;height:500px;background:#373c3f url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/8f/87/c4/8f87c4e06bc7174a2fdc263de027695c.jpg')right center no-repeat;border-radius:0 200px 0 0;border:10px solid #757575;box-shadow:0 0 4px 2px #010101}.whisteria_container p{margin:0;padding:0}.whisteria_message{position:relative;z-index:5;width:310px;height:370px;right:199px;top:15px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;font:12px 'Times New Roman',serif;padding:10px;color:#c9c9c9}.whisteria_message::-webkit-scrollbar{width:1px;background:transparent}.whisteria_name{position:relative;z-index:15;left:-200px;top:30px;font:28px 'Times New Roman',serif;color:#b49290;text-shadow:0 0 5px #757575,0px 0 1px #757575;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px}.whisteria_quote{position:relative;z-index:15;left:-198px;top:10px;font:12px 'Times New Roman',serif;color:#b49290;text-transform:uppercase}</style><center>
    <div class="whisteria_container">
    <p class="whisteria_quote">Mother is the name for God</p>
    <p class="whisteria_quote">in the lips and hearts of little children</p>
    <div class="whisteria_message">
    This was the moment she had been waiting for, she could see him getting closer and closer into her view. Her beloved Clawfinger, right before her very eyes. She had been searching all this time, her entire afterlife revolved around finding her son. Her heart was beginning to fill with hope, hope thought to have been long lost in the ether. This plane seemed to be on her side for now, and she hoped with all her heart that it would stay that way for only a little bit longer.

He cried still, though he remains as if he could not hear his mother’s cries. She screamed and screamed, trying so hard to get his attention - to run to her with love in his eyes and his bright smile. But, he did not...and she began to feel her heart sink back into the cold depths of her chest. Her focus on her goal begins to waver, and she wonders if any of this is real. If he was even real, and if he was, why, even after death, would she still not be reunited with him. No matter how hard she tried, she would never be with him, to love and protect him. To have seen him grow and eventually have children of his own. She never knew what became of him, whether he was actually dead or if he was still among the living. This was something she would never know. But what she did know, was that this was him here now. She had to get to him, real or not.

As she sunk in her thoughts for that moment, the shadows crept closer and closer to the ivory mare. Just as it reaches for her ankles with inky ghastly claws, she tries to make a leap toward the other side of the riverbed, so close, it was so close. Right before her hoof touches the very lip of the edge of the river, the spell-like effect on the world around her begins to crumble. She can barely hear the voice of the grulla mare from before, “I’m sorry”. Her find head raises high to call back to the woman, but is soon silenced by the crashing waves around her. The shadows cower and attempt to creep back into the forest in retreat, but they, along with Whisteria, are swallowed by the waves. She cant breath, and she can’t tell whether she was being hit by tree branches and rocks, or the frantic pounding of hooves. She tries to hold her breath, but the air in held in her lungs began to burn. She could bear it no longer, the pain was too much. She is about to gasp for air as she begins to near the edge of the falls.

It was all a blur. Bubbles and debris are whirling around her, sharp objects cutting into her skin sending spirals of her blood into the raging waters. Icy water is forced down her throat and up her nose, it consumes her without mercy. She fights it, but no matter what she did, no matter how frantically she thrashed her legs to find solid ground, it was all for naught. She is instead, thrown over the edge. Spiraling out of control, she is only conscious for the few moments she was falling, until the impact of the fall knocked her unconscious. As she stirs, that same voice from before begins to fade back into her waterlogged ears. She makes out her words and looks over her shoulder as the grulla woman speaks. There, right beside her, is Claw. She locks him into her embrace, not wanting to let go. But, Nikkai’s next words send a ping of hurt into her heart. Only one of them could return. Blue eyes well with tears, and she looks to her son lovingly. A sweet voice parts from a tearfully blocked throat.

<b>”My darling sweet boy...I love you so much. I really hope you know that. I have never stopped loving you. My little prince.”</b>

Her sorrow filled gaze lingers on him for a few moments before turning back to Nikkai. She knew what she had to do, though she was not certain. If Clawfinger actually was dead, she would have been reunited with him long before now. She wondered if maybe he had grown old and finally passed on with a full life under his belt. Even if it were so, she knew in her heart that she still had unfinished business. There were so many years she did not get to witness of his, let alone her youngest son. She had failed both of them as a mother. In her heart, she knew what she needed to do. He did not need her anymore. He left her all those many years ago, to wander into the depths of the Chamber, following Nexa. Whisteria could not process it, she could not find peace. She wanted another chance. To bring and to save life in this world. To protect and love the children of Beqanna.

She turns to Claw once more, hugging him close as she sobs into his neck. <b>”Forever my sweet little prince, I will love you forever..”</b> she places a kiss on his forehead and turns away with pain in her heart. But, she knew this was the right thing to do. Her voice is stronger now, filled with passion as she speaks her heart’s desire to Nikkai.

<b>”I know now, what I must do. All this time, I have been stuck in the ether - utterly alone. I looked for my child for so long, and the other...I left him behind and ended up here...trying for find him.”</b> she motions back to Clawfinger and continues. <b>”My life was not a full one, it was only just beginning. I need to go back. There are children, lonely and unloved, that need me. There are others who need me. I wish to go back, to bring love to those who need it.”</b>

This...this was the chance of a lifetime. She could have sent Claw back to the mortal realm, but she knew in her heart that he must have gone on to life his fullest life. Without her. She wanted to know if her son, Whiskaway was even still alive, or Fascade and Incubi. She knew not exactly how many years had gone by since she mercilessly met her demise at the hands of the Chamber queen and her army, and she had no idea what would be in store for her if and when she makes it back. Would she recognize anyone, would it be the same? Or would she be tossed back into a world that she cannot understand. Honestly? She did not care. She felt in her heart that she had found her purpose, and eye shining blue eyes burned into the grulla mare before her. This was her final choice. Though she did not know what this decision would have in store for her, one thing was for certain.

This could be her new beginning.
    </div><p class="whisteria_name">whisteria</p></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    come along to the river; round 3 - by Nikkai - 11-15-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by October - 11-17-2019, 12:57 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Satan - 11-17-2019, 05:04 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by brigade - 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Larva - 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Ozzie - 11-18-2019, 08:16 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Dillan - 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Cress - 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Vox - 11-18-2019, 04:22 PM