• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Now, my innocence is breaking; Eva and any Ischians
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Eva can certainly agree that Ilma’s search for friendship is an unlikely one. However, she cannot deny the simple truth and the ultimate nature it is for all of them to have a sense of belonging whether that is with family and friends. She cannot even fathom what her life would be like now without the family she has created or when Adria had welcomed her to her own in Ischia.

Carefully listening further to the pristine mare’s words, Eva nods her head in further agreement. There was certainly a benefit to friendships in personal and politically, but she finds Ilma leans more to that have cherishing her friends than the political gains it would bring. The purple nereid doesn’t care for political relations that only simply think of their own benefit. She has seen what that was like firsthand when the previous Tephra King had come to try and take control (although deep within her heart she believed the king had only wanted to provide insurance for his kingdom and his family).

“Friendship can take time to form, at least one that is honest and sincere. Certainly, a formal alliance can turn into a friendship as well, but I suppose that only depends on the heart of both sides.” It was only with time, Eva learned, that truly would unravel one’s intentions and true self. She has heard through stories of treachery and betrayal, the consequences having terrible effect on many as well. Becoming a leader, the purple nereid wanted to avoid all those consequences. Another reason she has wanted Ischia to remain a neutral land, but also a helping hand for those that needed a sanctuary.

Her smile lifts up a little. “I am always open to making a new friend.” She offers, finding herself already liking the other mare she only had met moments ago. “Really?” Eva says with a tilt of her head. “I do hope there will always be a place as well. Such places can really make all the difference during troubling times.” Everyone needed a place for healing when tough times came after all.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Ilma]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Now, my innocence is breaking; Eva and any Ischians - by Eva - 01-06-2020, 06:14 PM