• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; aegean
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

The world slows, even the twinkling of the stars around them abates, time turned thick and heavy as he waits for an answer. His heart is a thunderous thing in his ears – only his ragged breath is louder – and he thinks they might both implode before Aegean reaches forward with a gentle kiss and the very words that set his world to rights at last.

“All of them,” Pteron promises breathlessly, “Every single one.”

He means to be gentle, he really does, and yet he cannot help but feel as though every little bit of his heart that Aegean has shattered has suddenly begun to burn. A thousand fires, an inferno even brighter than if they had caught flame as a whole. Can Aegean feel it, he wonders, does his skin burn where Pteron kisses it? It feels cool still, cool like the night and the stars and the snow, and Pteron pulls back. Pulls back just to look at him, the brightest star among the thousands he has summoned.

Those violet eyes, where Pteron can almost see his own besotted reflection, those glorious antlers, the sharp edge of his jaw where it fades into the soft curve of his throat. He reaches forward to kiss that spot, marveling anew in the knowledge that he can – and that he can forever. He’s only shown him once before (has only ever shown him before), but it feels right to share this happiness. “This is how you make me feel,” Pteron whispers against his cheek, “Every moment. Every time I look at you. I do not think I will ever get enough of you.”

@[aegean]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; aegean - by Pteron - 11-22-2019, 04:47 PM