• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; aegean
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

There is a crunch of snow from beneath him; Pteron has stepped forward. He had not meant to, but how could he not, when the fall of those magnificent snowflakes highlight every bit of the boy in front of him that so fascinates him? Aegean wields powers Pteron cannot fathom, spins the world to his pleasure. There has never been anyone more perfect, Pteron is sure, no one more handsome or with a tongue more gilded or with the ability to make him question if he himself is flesh and blood. Perhaps he is the sun, Pteron thinks, or he would become one only to share one more thing with the amethyst eye-boy in front of him.

They are closer now than they ever have been, and he wonders that the sensation in his chest does not pull him apart, shatter him into a thousand pieces of light like he feared Aegean might

“I would not run fast,” he promises, breathless at his own daring, “I would let you catch me.”

Another crunch.

“I want you to catch me.” Pteron admits, his voice barely more than a whisper. It does not need to be, not with how his cheek is all but pressed to Aegean’s. The wind is all that is between them now, and it gusts about them. He can feel the way his feathers bend and his mane and tail are tugged this way and that. It is a marvel that he doesn’t blow away himself; every single part of him feels adrift. His words were hopeful, and though he longs for Aegean to answer that he wants the same, Pteron finds that he is suddenly unsure what the antlered boy might do once he’s been caught.

It doesn’t matter, Pteron decides; if Aegean would turn him inside out and leave him for buzzards, Pteron would gladly let him. The electricity that hums between them, already intoxicating, already quickening his heartbeat. It might beat out of his chest, he thinks, and it would be worth every agonizing moment. “Tell me what you want.” He says, praying that the fire of their nearness does not consume him too quickly, and certain that even if Aegean pulls away that just this moment will be enough to warm him for the rest of his life.

@[aegean]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; aegean - by Pteron - 11-13-2019, 12:08 PM