• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  light and shadows

Instead of accepting her apology like any decent stranger would, more vile words match her irritation. She’d roll her eyes if they weren’t still burning from the light. It takes her a second to guess at what he meant by shoving the light somewhere, but instead of asking what she wants to (how he expects her to shove light anywhere especially when she clearly couldn’t control it in the first place) she bites back, ears flattening with annoyance. “Well turn around and I’ll be happy to shove it somewhere.”  It’s all she can do not to stop one of her hooves in aggravation. 

She wonders if she could do it on command again, maybe a good blast would rid her of the company she has found herself in by accident.

Her sight comes back to her, though she’s not particularly impressed with what it reveals. Especially the part where he is leaning against a tree, as though he’s settling in instead of moving on.

There may be only a faint bite to his words but she spits venom back at him, still full of frustration and enjoying the chance to vent it somewhere else other than at herself. “It’s not bullshit.” The word is awkward on her tongue, lacking the harshness it held with his voice (though she tries her best). It is, after all, the first time she had ever said it. The second time goes a little better, at least, as she takes a step towards him and there’s a lace of a growl in her words. “And who the hell are you to call bullshit on my life experience? I’m not in the habit of pretending I’m old just for an excuse.”

we are made of starstuff

artwork by yoricade

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    light and shadows - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 05:25 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 11-19-2019, 12:14 AM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 12-27-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 02-21-2020, 05:37 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 02-23-2020, 12:08 AM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 02-28-2020, 03:59 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 02-28-2020, 05:13 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 03-05-2020, 12:59 PM