• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking
    to the lonely sea and sky

Bright, unbridled laughter falls from Oceane's ajar lips as she performs her best evasive maneuvers in the air to avoid Isobell's aquatic projectiles. There's something carefree about the sound as it tumbles from her, as if she hadn't only recently run away from her homeland under the inky obsidian protection of a moonless night. How fortunate she feels in this moment, soaring through a bright blue sky and fostering a new friendship.

It's not long after the two women have settled themselves comfortably in the sand of the Resort's shore that Blue appears at the edge of the tropical oasis and casually continues in their direction. His lope is paced leisurely and there's less tension in his face and shoulders than she'd seen when they'd met in the Field, prompting a smile from the opaline pegasi.

"Thank you, Blue," Oceane responds with a polite nod of her head before pausing for Isobell to introduce herself to the brindled stallion, though she keeps her amber gaze on the stallion's countenance throughout. Earnestly intrigued by Blue's complete change in demeanor, the blue-purple woman is caught off guard by his brief moment of jest and snorts her amusement through flared nostrils.

"Actually, I'm quite enjoying Loess," she says through her beguiled grin, "but I was curious to see how you were enjoying the island life." Turning her sharp eyes away from the stallion, Oceane ruffles her satin wings against her sides and assesses the milieu from whence Blue had come. Verdant foliage sprouts from the sand, reaching sky high for the sparse ivory clouds that dot the heavens.

It's beautiful, as the woman had expected it to be, and quiet just as Castile had said it would be. "Care to give us a tour?" she asks demurely on the coattails of Isobell's comment of her desire to see more.

@[Gale] & @[Isobell] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking - by Oceane - 11-04-2019, 01:08 PM