• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

must have been the wind; leilan
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Lilliana - such a sweetling. She ends their discussion on Nerine with saying she’ll have to go there soon, and he doesn’t bother with keeping the topic alive. When she shudders in a winter breeze and wishes him warmth on the Isle, he laughs and shakes his head: ”No thank you. Ice is my element, and I’d rather not melt down.” he grins and moves his tail a little, still completely relaxed in the northern winds that seem to slowly take their toll on the chestnut mare from the redwoods.

She assesses his physique, something he never minds - if anything, it’s a compliment in a way, and he craves and gathers those where he can - ”Oh, but you know it does.” he tells her, offering her another grin. She hasn’t told him anything about her personal life, which usually means it’s either shady or traumatic, and so he doesn’t ask. But he thinks she’s learned this little thing - crime can pay - before, whatever her past. Perhaps it’s the age and sadness of her eyes, but he wouldn’t want to assess it that far.

She talks about ledges furthermore - in a way that indicates she’s on a line or has been on one recently. He tilts his head at that, shaking his head at her question if he needs anything. ”Easy enough when cold is nothing and scales slide through water.” he dismisses. ”But do me a favour and stay away from any ledges. I’d rather spend another day with you than see you lose it.” He winks a little, then shakes his mane to rearrange them after being blown through by the wind. Then, he looks her over. She’s tougher than she looks and, more importantly, than she believes, he thinks. ”You should come see the Northern Lights sometime. Autumn and spring are the best seasons for it.” he smiles a little, then turns to leave.

Time to go home.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[lilliana] so basically it’s an invite to visit and come see him if the world gets too tough on her ;)
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 10-29-2019, 02:41 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-30-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-15-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-19-2019, 03:04 AM