• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

must have been the wind; leilan

She stares out into the silent winter wood letting the snow fall quietly around them. It drifts down in a graceful dance as they twirl and settle on the copper of her mane, on her red withers, on the discouraged planes of her face. Lilliana looks out past all those trees and wishes an answer would present itself somewhere. There is only the accumulating snow, only a brisk breeze that blows past them, only with what feels like the silence and the weight of the Taiga pressing against her. 

The copper mare only finds shades of gray. Her disappointment is returned by the pallor of the wintry landscape around them. A world waiting and she has never been good with patience (at least where she and those she cares for are concerned).

"Well," she states with a wry grin that emerges from silver smoke as she looks back to Leilan, "I foresee a trip to Nerine in my future." A shiver runs down her spine from the winter wind and Lilliana has a moment where the grin stills, wondering how the inhabitants of Icicle Isle manage on their island. "I wish you luck on the Isle," she says with another shudder of her copper pelt. "I'll send thoughts of Ischia your way."

She follows the conversation to squirrels and returns his comment with an easy smile. If allowed, Lilli could linger here all day. (Talking in circles, going round and round like their carousel counterparts.) The red woman hasn't quite figured out how to use this to her advantage yet - enough of the green girl still remains that she hasn't yet realized that deflecting and half-truths might be useful in the future for a political career. Lilliana cranes her head, mock seriousness creasing along the lines of her face as she studies Leilan's roan barrel. Leaner perhaps, given the season, but it would seem that his endeavors sustain him well enough."I doubt you've had to do much squirrel hunting." This comes out with a teasing flourish and the smile returns as she regains a comfortable posture. "It seems crime pays well."

The dragon stallion grins and Lilliana only shakes her head. He's playing with her and the amusement sparks behind her eyes when she looks back up at him. "It's easy to believe in something," she counters dryly. "It's only when your left at a ledge that you have to hope its strong enough to keep you from plummeting." Elaina had kept her from the ledge, she realizes. A lump forms in the back of her throat and the impossible weight of that earlier rockslide threatens to entomb her. 

The Diplomat softens then, wanting to steer the conversation clear of edges and falling. "Are you sure there is nothing I can do for you? I can't imagine the trip out to Icicle Isle is an easy one."

@[Leilan] i'm not really sure what this is but he's made a friend if he'd like one

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-28-2019, 09:10 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 10-29-2019, 02:41 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 10-30-2019, 09:21 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 06:22 AM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-03-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-07-2019, 09:28 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 01:55 PM
    RE: must have been the wind; leilan - by lilliana - 11-15-2019, 09:02 PM