• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  We are unlovable; any
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    They talk easily, he notices in the back of his mind, perhaps due to their relationship being that of distant family once before - distant but respecting one another. They fall back into that rhythm now, though the young mare before him is nothing like the wide-eyed child he knew, coughing roughly besides his niece. She’s grown a little wiser, and looks a little different; she’s similar and same. But that’s good, he thinks, that she’s grown. It wouldn’t do for anyone to stand still.

She talks about her changes as if they are bad things though - a bit, anyway. Things I earned for my failures. He shakes his head. ”Things you earned for trying despite the odds. Pretty things for a pretty girl.” he corrects her, an amused smile to his face. The odds had never been in their favour. ”I almost drowned when we went up for the tree’s icicles, hence the layer of frost.” It could have been worse, he thinks, for her. She takes her failure hard, but honestly, nobody minded but she herself.

He tilts her head at her question if she should have claimed it. What, the Isle? He looks at her, a bit amused at the sight of the then-Briella (honestly small, weak and confused at the time) claiming a territory. She must have disappeared before the matter was settled, he thinks, looking back. ”Icicle Isle is, and has always been, Nerine’s territory, whether you tried to rule it or not. Together we claimed it, together we won it. There’s no shame on you - you did what you could against the Plague, like we all did.” Does she think that bad of herself? He starts to wonder. There’s little hints in her speech that says she thinks herself not good enough, while nobody expected anything from her - she already proved to care and continue no matter what. But she seems hardly convinced.

”You’re in luck to find an old family member then.” he smiles a bit. ”Ice Fairy sent me up here to spend a year - in the coldest place Beqanna has to offer - and to prove to her my heart isn’t as frozen as the rest of me, to help others out here.” he grins, shakes his metallic mane at the idea. Perhaps the fairies set all of this up, perhaps they’re just lucky. ”First let’s get you a shelter though. Do you want anything permanent or temporary enough for now?” He’s already on the move, on his way to find a good rock to build with - using the ice alone would make for a lousy foundation; but ice built on, grown from, an existing structure would hold longer.

As they near a good place, he looks back on her. ”What kind of questions do you need help with answering?” he asks, already assuming that she’d take the opportunity since he offered it.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Briella]
    ‘Sure lemme make you a wall or a dome, whichever is fine, and answer those questions for ya in one go’
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 10-27-2019, 08:23 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 05:51 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 11-04-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 10:58 AM