• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  We are unlovable; any

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

Years ago it seemed… when time had brought forth plague and brutality, when the whole of the world had been ripped apart and sewn back together like a quilt, and Briella had never forgotten those moments. A time when her small body was ragged and sick, when blood dripped from her nose and she coughed just as much as she breathed; but of all those things she remembers most of all… the journey she had taken in the name of the Fairies of in a quest to do right by all the people of Beqanna.

She’d have died if it meant even saving one.

Briella now though, is different, years have passed and her earthy, soot covered coat was gone: instead she was a matte black with milky gray and blue spread like scattered roaning patterns and highlighted by a sapphire color that seemed to darken and shine. Spatters of white, like stars, painted her body and the hooves and eyes were refracting gemstones of translucent hemimorphite: she was a jewel, a gemstone… and rather than hair her mane and tail were comprised entirely of thin strands of ice that sparkled in the sun and never seemed to melt.

Change of course was not only physical for her, a part of her had long hardened and she felt her limbs heavier as she walked: as she dragged herself through the autumn snow and ice… as her entire body stood out and she found herself staring at the leopard seal who snorted at her.

Familiarity from the plague quests, from her first journey.

Leilan though is a different reminder, yes he had been present for those adventures; but more over he is a relative of a kind to her. Heartfire had been Aunt and Mother, and Leilan? A detached Uncle, in a way. As such she has no fear in calling back to him as he has done so; but she moved to him with little issue and no speed… leisurely.  “Leilan!”  she spoke up, the name finding itself in her mellifluous voice.

“It… it’s Briella.”  she remarked this with her eyes blinking and a smile forming on her lips, the thicker fur making it obvious that there was a kind of swelling to her sides.  “I, hadn’t expected to find anyone here… I mean- I know people claimed it as theirs but it’s so spare here. I… was going to find the pond, from when I first discovered this place… when the fairies sent me here; but-- I’m rambling.”

Stumbling over her words she found herself sighing.  “Why are you here, not Nerine or somewhere else?” 

BRIELLA

@[Leilan]
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Messages In This Thread
    We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 10-27-2019, 08:23 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 05:51 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 11-04-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 10:58 AM