• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a tall ship and a star to steer her by
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The pretty purple mare responds to his comment - which had in his opinion not needed a response at all - with a lecture. Whoops. Of all things in the world, lectures were the worst! Thankfully, she keeps it short.

So, he makes an indifferent sound at her words about why crowds are good (he doesn’t like them, obviously - and there’s plenty to learn in the world without needing to get involved with some fifty horses, if you made sure you kept up with the right ones); he’s more interested in why the black-and-white mare is somewhat familiar, even though he is certain he never saw her before.

That problem is solved when the Loessian ruler arrives; putting one and one together, it is obvious they are related. A low chuckle follows, though he does not comment immediately on the dragon shifter’s dry humour. After all, it’s somewhat true. Though he probably overthinks his coming and going - Leilan doesn’t entirely plan ahead nor picks much of a purpose before heading somewhere. Life is more fun, more unpredictable, that way.

Anything, not to get bored and lonely.

”A pleasure to meet you, Isobell, Oceane.” Sure he can be polite, to those who are to him. He lets Castile greet the mare a moment, thinking perhaps if this is a new recruit he does have a bad timing for coming by today - but she throws him a sassy comment and he can’t help but grin at her when she does, emerald orbs twinkling. ”Any other day I’d say my sole purpose in this world is to add a bit of spice to this sauce, but I see you have it covered.” He then turns his now aqua-coloured gaze on the king of the country. ”You know, visiting friends is a thing, even for monarchs. Since you don’t come to me, I come to you when it suits me.” After all, it never suits Castile so there is no difference to be found there.

A small movement of his shoulder. ”Been meaning to ask, how are you holding up? I know our last exchange was brief, but haven’t seen much of Loess for a decade or so. Surely things have changed here since Arthas?” Or perhaps not, he muses - the land must be the same, and leadership might have changed, but Loess is still mentioned by the gossipers, and the stories aren’t so unfamiliar. Funny how most of Beqanna’s lands haven’t changed a lot over the years, he muses. Same song, only perhaps played in a different key.

But the fact is that he always gets intercepted at the border and always gets asked why he’s here, in a tone that suggests he’s not very welcome. And perhaps that is what pulls him back, what makes him keep coming. If only to prove them wrong, maybe? He doesn’t really know. Perhaps not having much of a family left, had set him adrift as well. He’s not opposed to that lifestyle, as he’d always wandered without settling before Brennen actually had a purpose for him. But even then… itchy hooves, he thinks, are both a blessing and a curse.

Though he also starts to wonder why so many horses think he’s a threat. Perhaps that’s why he asked the fairy for a change… or continued transformation… well, whatever. It’s not important right now.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

Have a ramble phone post!
    @[Castile] your turn and I’m too lazy to tag everyone (:
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a tall ship and a star to steer her by - by Leilan - 11-04-2019, 12:49 PM