• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a tall ship and a star to steer her by
    to the lonely sea and sky

"Crowds tend to be a treasure trove of information for those of us who are piloted by our desire to learn," Oceane responds demurely to the stallion's dry comment, though she's feeling suddenly off-put by his dismissive shrug. The arrival of the beautiful tobiano mare detracts from the pegasi's opportunity to decipher the stallion's comment (let alone her own reaction to it), but the new company is welcome.

Oceane's satiny feathers brush comfortably against her slim sides as she ruffles her opalescent wings, a silent tell of the intrigue that Leilan has piqued inside her with his most recent remark. "If you're not fond of crowds or saltwater cacti," she tilts her pastel head to the side curiously, "why does the act of harassing Castile bring you to Loess so often?" On cue, Castile peels away from the nearby forestry, dashing any of Oceane's expectations that the silver bay stallion will respond to her prying inquiry.

The duo-toned stallion exudes a commanding aura despite the lack of exertion he seems to apply to this specific outward impression, leading the new Loessian to believe that he is more than a simple recruiter carrying out the whims of some higher ranking official. An interested hum reverberates in the depths of her throat as gilded eyes follow Castile's arrival - catching the cloaked unease he feels with Leilan, reminding her of the way he had reacted to Ruinam's presence in the Field - up until the shared warmth of a shoulder bump between him and the ocean-scented mare.

Oceane gives Castile a smile in return, though hers borders on coy excitement more than innocence and warmth, due in part to her assumption of his rank within Loess and her inkling that the man she had followed here from the Field had more than one secret hiding beneath the surface. "And I'm pleased to be here," she says with a bob of her head, causing the morning light to catch the striping along the crest of her neck. Her gaze slides then to Isobell, drawing a kinder smile from the polychromatic mare. "And you, Isobell."

Turning her golden gaze back to Leilan, Oceane snorts a white cloud from her flared nostrils and shifts her weight on the hardened morning earth. "You are in luck, Castile. I believe Leilan was just about to tell me what he seeks to find in Loess." The pegasi mare smiles at the silver roan, her intrusive inquisitiveness getting the best of her once again.

@[Leilan] @[Isobell] @[Castile] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a tall ship and a star to steer her by - by Oceane - 11-03-2019, 10:15 PM