• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a tall ship and a star to steer her by
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Of course, he joins them.

It’s habit to patrol the borders, to observe the seasonal changes along the forest walls and to smell the breeze when new scents swirl within.

Oceane’s, he recognizes immediately, and it isn’t long after he has returned that it reaches him on a winter gale. A chill races down his spine, but whether it is from excitement or the cold, Castile isn’t entirely sure. It’s incentive, nonetheless, to meet her soon after her arrival, but of course he isn’t alone.

Isobell is there, and a broad smile stretches across his lips, but it suddenly wavers when his eyes sweep toward Leilan. Suspicion crawls across him and shadows his reeling thoughts as he joins the small group, his mismatched eyes hesitating on the stallion. ”For someone that doesn’t live in Loess, you’re here a lot, Leilan,” the comment is not entirely unkind, his tone flattened by his lingering uncertainty. He is in and out, much like a snake. He creates tension, but Castile hasn’t quite determined whether or not it is purposeful.

With deliberate steps, Castile takes his place at Isobell’s side, brushing his lean shoulder against hers. It’s a quiet, adoring gesture. His attention, however, lifts to Oceane as the smile returns. ”I’m glad you decided to come,” a lightness returns to him, relieved to see yet another new face among their numbers. Isobell has already welcomed her to Loess, and so that echoing statement dies on the tip of his tongue. ”I see you’ve met my sister and our fellow harasser,” a mild chuckle manages to slip from him as a glance finds Leilan before returning to Oceane. ”I hope you travel was smooth,” he adds, the tone honeyed and amiable.

castile

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a tall ship and a star to steer her by - by Castile - 11-02-2019, 02:33 PM