• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam
    lepis, comtesse of taiga
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

Winter has not yet closed its fist around Beqanna, but the autumn winds blow hard. Fortunately for the golden mare, they carry her south and west with little effort besides the spread of her wings, and a tilt here and there to keep her direction right. Over the sea, the strong gusts fade away, ripped and churned by other aerial currents. Lepis navy mane is knotted and tangled by the time she lands on the white beach of Island Resort and sweat has lathered on mostly-grown winter coat. In Taiga, it would have kept her comfortably warm, but here at the Island Resort it is overwarm.

Yet despite what is apparent physical discomfort, the perlino mare that tucks her wings in around her looks anything but flustered. Her face, bearing faint lines of middle age, is strong rather than beautiful, and the way she holds her neck – scarred and uncovered as it is by the tangle of her mane that falls only on the left – is proud and haughty when at ease. Yet she smiles readily at the arrival of another horse, and the lines around her eyes and mouth are revealed to be those of a creature who is accustomed to laughing freely and frequently.

Aten and Izora Lethia had come these shores midsummer; less than three months have passed since the last Taigan diplomat had set hoof on the Island resort. Yet Lepis is clearly from the redwood forest; the scent of the evergreens has leeched into her skin, and a few bits of pine needle cling to her mane and tail despite the buffeting winds of her trip. “Hello,” she says to the horse who comes to greet her. “I’ve come to speak to Ruinam.” For a moment she considers asking if they might take her to him, but she knows the population of the island is small. Perhaps this horse is Ruinam himself, and so she remains silent as she waits for a reply.

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 10-26-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-12-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-20-2019, 10:59 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 10:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-26-2019, 02:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM