• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  caught in the afterglow; eyas
    She’s going around Beqanna and getting reckless, she knows. Eyas can’t keep inserting herself like this into other horse’s lives, hoping to make a difference but only complicating things with her own problems. She’s rambling and well aware of it but she can’t stop, not with the way Catcher is so obviously fascinated by what she has to say. I died - maybe. Came close to it? Eyas considers but plows ahead anyway, realizing that she has no method worked out on how to introduce an old friend to black magic.

Sprinkle in a little NDE, mix it with some ancient magician turning you inside out, fight a dragon, find an unwilling friend… She muses to herself, hardly able to turn her eyes away from the impending storm growing underneath Catcher’s studious gray sight. And you have a blubbering, stinking idiot of a mare. Eyas breaks her sullen composure, shaking a ragged and clunkily-shaped head at the unicorn’s snap-back. Years might’ve passed, but the ability to smart-off certainly hadn’t gone away with them.

For this small thing, Eyas is glad.

It makes her feel a bit more alive to hear the way her unexpected companion steps forward, and she drops her furry nose to Catcher’s for a mingling second or two. She detects a hint of spice, a faint whiff of herbs common to this region. When the overo mare speaks, Eyas breathes in the words like a balm for her troubled soul. “I missed you more than I realized.” She was willing to admit, drawing her head back up and fixing her expression with a milder tranquility. “If this is what it feels like to go three years without you, can’t imagine what six would do.” The pegasus jokes, but it seems too real a feeling to brush off with a laugh.

She’d contemplate that later. “It’s been, uhm… really difficult actually.” The steadfast tenor of Eyas’ own voice wavered, cracking underneath a pressure she hadn’t been aware Catcher would give. Who knew the simple kindness of touch would unravel her like this? Silly, Eyas berated herself, blinking away tears and swallowing down a lump, stop crying like a baby.

“I would tell you more; I would tell you anything but -” She paused, gathering her wits again, “- maybe just not here? Like this?” She glanced around them.

Quietly she stepped forward and crept closer to the pied female, close enough that her fissured lips crept over the delicate skin covering Catcher’s raised cheekbone. They paused near one fiery ear and whispered, “Do you still dance through dreams?”

@[Catcher]
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 10-26-2019, 11:52 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-04-2019, 08:32 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 11-05-2019, 09:37 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-08-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 11-10-2019, 11:27 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-19-2019, 10:43 PM