• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  caught in the afterglow; eyas
    Come on then, come close Eyas wanted to tell the chessie girl - well, woman now. Comfort me, she longed to say because comfort had always been so impossibly far away from her since Gale’s death. Catcher chuckled that their meeting wasn’t a dream, but Eyas knew better than to believe in happenstance. Maybe not a dream but certainly fate, and something inside of her is connected to Catcher - has been connected to Catcher - since that day in the Forest. Eyas smiled through her old friend’s concerned stares, too eager to feel her nose running over the soft curve of some other horse’s and much too concerned with a great amount of many other things besides appearances. Catcher was here and they could be together again: it was dreamlike even while awake.

“That’s the only way you’d beat me at tag.” She finds herself retorting, “In your dreams.” The pitiful mare found the audacity to raise her head and turn her ears. The smug look of friendly rivalry seemed out of place underneath caked mud and the gaunt lines of so many restless nights, but in her dark gaze a mischievous, familiar light sparked.

“Um, no.” Eyas admitted, reversing that edict in the very next second with, “But also yes? It’s… hard to explain.” How to summarize the past year? The past three years? “I accidentally discovered my own immortality, among other things.” She emphasized that final word as if it could stand alone in quotations.

“Puberty has been a real bitch.” The pegasus hen laughed a raspy, bitter chuckle. Sighing, she appraised the mare standing in front of her and admitted to herself just how horrible she must’ve looked. Catcher reflected what Eyas had been ignoring for far too long since rising from the riverbanks with Set, causing her to momentarily shift with discomfort under the scrutiny of a trusted friend. Sure, she stank like shit and her wings looked pitiful but if Catcher (who always had a wild appeal to her) was throwing her some side-eye…

Maybe Eyas was overdue for a good bath.

“Anyways what the fuck, Catcher? Three years without a ‘hullo’ and you’re making me want to go another three. Sheesh.” The wings over her back shuffled, irritated, “Give me some spring grass and a good itching post I’ll be like new.”

Feigning some more anger in order to milk the pity, Eyas huffed quietly and the long cords of her forelock drifted out of her eyes to settle over her right cheek. “I’m just glad I didn’t get beat the hell up with the same ugly stick that caught you in the face. Ragged crone. Calling me out. Sheesh.” Her cracked, whiskery lips fidgeting as they failed to hold back a wicked grin.

@[Catcher] never stop posting her to me please
    ► Powerplay Me : Powers (any)

Messages In This Thread
    caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 10-26-2019, 11:52 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-04-2019, 08:32 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 11-05-2019, 09:37 AM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-08-2019, 08:25 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Catcher - 11-10-2019, 11:27 PM
    RE: caught in the afterglow; eyas - by Eyas - 11-19-2019, 10:43 PM