• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana

Lepis can't know.

The Comtesse can't possibly know how the very words she speaks strike terror into her heart. You can still have them, she tries to assure her. And that fear she has always felt shows in the whites of her eyes, in the way that her head retreats slightly back. If this conversation hadn't already turned her soul to lead then Lilli would have more visibly, forcibly, recoiled from the pegasus mare. 

Instead, it shows itself in the fervent shake of her copper head that hides her face beneath her curly forelock, an answer that is given before Lilliana has to even utter the word with a determined, "No." From this conversation, Lilli has garnered enough about Lepis that she doesn't like to hear she is wrong. But in this, the Taigan diplomat is resolute in her will to tell her so.

There is no bringing back what was lost; she has no desire to resurrect ghosts that she has only recently laid to rest. The life she had known, had wanted, is gone. There is no bringing that back. 

"Taiga is my family," she swears. And she means it - she will fill her days with purpose and reason for this forest. She will pour what love she has, her hopes, into the northern Redwoods and she wants to see it thrive in a way that her parents could never summon for Paraiso. Lilliana looks to Lepis for guidance in that, that the Comtesse will be the one to lead them forward towards a future that the chestnut can help build.

And with that, the younger mare tries to elaborate. "I'd like to help keep this forest safe.." and the memory of Aten telling her that once this forest was burned troubles her mind. "I know it has had its troubles in the past but I'd like to help to keep it on track for the future."

@[Lepis]

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by lilliana - 11-12-2019, 08:28 PM