• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana
    lepis, comtesse of taiga
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

The sunlight has not burned away all the fog. Some lingers still, as high as the pegasus’ knees. It ripples almost like water as she turns toward the flash of chestnut motion, her grey-blue eyes identifying it as Lilliana. The other mare greets her with her title rather than her name, and Lepis is reminded that she had come here at Aten’s invitation. The champagne stallion also refers to her b her title. He often even adds Queen, which she finds flattering even if not actually true. Not true yet, she reminds herself. But soon.

“Hello Lilliana,” Lepis replies with a bob of her head. She does not reach out – Lepis does not touch anyone but her family – but her smile is warm and genuine. The diplomat-in-training has called Taiga her home for long enough that Lepis thinks her trustworthy. In another year, Lepis might even consider her a friend. “I’m well, thank you. And yourself? Recovered from our exhausting trip?” Her eyes narrow a bit in amusement; the only strenuous part of the day for Lepis had been convincing Celina that they needed to leave the island now – not in five minutes – or they’d lose the tide that made crossing the sandbars an easy task.

“You did very well in Ischia, by the way” Lepis praises, her bright eyes pleased, a smile lingering on her dark mouth. It has been some time since Lepis has felt this optimistic about a diplomat in training. Perhaps that has something to do with the rather sparse populations of such Taigans, but regardless of why, she wants to Lilliana to be sure that her skill and effort have not gone unnoticed. “Certainly better than my first attempts at diplomacy,” adds the dun mare, a more amused smile breaking out at the memory. Lepis had been not much older than Celina, and she’d stumbled across the newly crowned Hestia, come to Loess to discuss Nerine’s relationship with Loess. “You’d be surprised at how many young diplomats manage to put their hoof in their mouth.”

She knows that their journey to the western island is not her first as a Beqanna diplomat, so Lepis asks: “Have you always wanted to be a diplomat?” She can’t place an age to the chestnut, especially in this world of immortals, but Lepis wonders what she might have done in whatever place it was that she came from. Something else to ask, Lepis thinks. It is still fairly early in the morning though, she reminds herself, not everyone is as awake as she.

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-29-2019, 02:18 PM