• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Bloodfeather || Celina ||
    Celina leans against his reassuring touch with a satisfied little huff of air, and at the mention of stars her pale ears flick forward. She has always been fond of the stars, and knowing now that they helped Dad remember her, Celina loves them all the more. She loves her father most though, and when he finishes telling her that he will always come back for her, she snuggles once more into the warmth of his chest. She sighs happily, at last reassured that her world is settling back to how it should be. They had been off-kilter without Wolfbane, and she tells him that “I am so glad you are back now,” with no inkling at all of what is soon to come.

What matter is now, and now Wolfbane is exclaiming over her freshly grown scales with exactly the enthusiasm that she had wanted. Pteron had teased her about being a lizard when she’d shown him, and Mother had looked from her already sharp teeth to the scales with what Celina could only describe as concern. Well, Celina is not concerned. She is proud of her teeth and her scales and her fireflies, and she is proud of the little stones that her father weaves carefully into her mane. Doing her best to stay still, she only wiggles away a time or too, giggling playfully before returning back and imitating a statue for a another few breaths.

The growth of the odd little arms startles her, but after a quick snuff she’s accepted them as just another thing that her father can do. Wolfbane does not seem concerned about them, and his casual reaction sets an example for his daughter as well. If Dad isn’t worried, there’s no need for her to be either. (Celina does hope that she does not ever grow such ugly little feet though – they don’t even have hooves at the end of them!)

“I’m gonna be an explorer,” she tells her father. “I’m gonna see all the lands a billion times and maybe even find new ones!” Mother has insisted all the lands are discovered already, but Celina is unwilling to accept that limitation. As her father pulls away, Celina shakes the décor he has added happily, doing her best to get a look at them but swinging her head forward. They are blurry, but she is sure that they are beautiful.

Where would you like to go, he asks, and Celina pokes her nose against his shoulder where the monkey arms had so recently been. “Da-ad” she says in a tone of long-suffering patience that is spoiled by her grin, “I’m not a small explorer! I’m medium sized! And I want to go to…um…Nerine!” Mother had told her in no uncertain circumstances, that going to Taiga would mean at least a week of no berries. But she had meant Celina going alone, she is sure, and if Dad takes her that is very different!\\

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Wolfbane - 10-23-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Celina - 10-24-2019, 12:15 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Wolfbane - 11-05-2019, 01:09 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Celina - 11-05-2019, 01:06 PM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Wolfbane - 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Celina - 11-12-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Wolfbane - 11-16-2019, 12:06 AM
    RE: Bloodfeather || Celina || - by Celina - 11-16-2019, 01:01 AM