• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any
    Divest chuckles once more at his amusing words. “I can’t really put a number on it right now.” She simply says. The pastel yearling so far had no compliments when it came to feel bored. Her journey so far had been filled with discovering new sights and meeting a new individual she found quite intriguing.

The large silver bay roan mentions a list of creatures she is somewhat familiar with. She has heard stories about the kelpie creatures and to be weary of sharks in the deeper parts of the ocean. However, it only seemed dragons were the closest thing Leilan could be. Divest knew a thing or two about dragons when her mother told her stories about the war between Loess and Tephra. She also had said many of the dragons lived within Loess (she made sure to visit that land when coming this way because of the dragons and knowing her mother frequent there at times when she wasn’t in the Resort).

“I think you’re a dragon,” she says flatly. It made more sense now that he mentioned he could breathe ice instead of fire. Certainly, if he had scales, not scales of a fish or lizard, and had sharp teeth then he must be a dragon! What other creature could breath something like ice or fire too? Divest flickers her ears at him curiously as he mentions more information about the fairies that live on the mountaintop just over the horizon towards the forest she came through. She glances over there for a moment and then back to Leilan. “So, you met one before then!” She exclaims with excitement. “Why did you go to the mountain? What is it like up there?” The yearling bursts with questions at him.

Her excitement fades away when Leilan tells her about his daughter. She finds her thoughts drifting to what sort of danger Leilan’s daughter had gotten into. However, she turns her focus back onto dangerous places. Divest wanted to see the most dangerous place very badly, but she supposes the old man is right when everywhere can be considered dangerous. Her eyes widen when he mentions two murders that took place right in the meadow, making her silver eyes glance around the meadow that only made her feel an instant feeling of peace. Turning back to Leilan, who further gives more examples of the dangers lurking around their homes, her face scrunches into confusion once more. “Maybe going to the most dangerous place isn’t a good idea.” Then again, Divest could see the old man just being a baby and trying to protect her. She doesn’t say anything about that though to his face.

“A death threat?” She scoffs softly after his words, but when the large stallion’s gaze flashes into an icy cold stare, she instantly takes a few paces back. Her eyes open wide with chaos and confusion as his demeanor changes. Divest couldn’t imagine the gentle old man turning on her so quickly. Certainly, he was just trying to give her a scare. With a shake of her head, she takes a step forward, closing the distance once more between them. “You don’t scare me!” She says with a chuckle.

@[Leilan]
    [Image: Wi3xi5K.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference
    (pixel via bronzehalo)

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 10-19-2019, 02:43 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 10-28-2019, 02:15 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 11-05-2019, 07:22 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 11-07-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 11-07-2019, 04:20 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 02:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 12-08-2019, 02:30 PM