• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  don't come find me; any
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Her soft laugh is followed by a comment that makes him smile knowingly. "So on a scale of one to ten, how bored would you say you were before I started talking to you?" He'd stick out a tongue perhaps, but he's content knowing the answer would probably be high enough to prove the point - or to prove she hadn't thought all of it quite through. Nevertheless, the question's rather rhetoric, and with her comment of fish scales the topic is changed easily.

He tilts his head at her a little when she's overly impressed with the sharp teeth and wants to know what he is. "Not quite sure. Could be a shark, a kelpie, or even a dragon, but I spit ice instead of fire, and I guess that's where the Ice Fairy comes in." He shakes his head, knowing she'll want to ask about it, but he continues after her other question. "They're as real as you and me, but they don't always feel like entertaining their visitors. I know from experience they are as fickle as your mother says and maybe even more so." But they did help cure the Plague, and were generally pleasant in the sense that they only messed with those who asked for it, one way or the other. Unlike Carnage, really.

He's not bothered by the fact she calls him an old man - because he is, and because he said it first - but he does frown at her question. "You sound like my daughter. And no, that didn't end well." Not for either of them, because 'I told you so' didn't cut it. "Dangerous places often don't get you the kind of adventure you wanted. Good thing for me is I couldn't pinpoint the most dangerous place so easily. One might say it's my home, another may say it's yours. Danger is everywhere, and everywhere can get you killed." Shaking his head a little, he looks over the meadow. "One day two of a magician's daughters were killed right here in this meadow." For example. "Someone else nearly died of the cold in my home, another probably drowned near yours."

He seems to think it over still, only just a moment. Then, he grins at her, teeth blinking in the day's light. "Or, if it's a death threat you want, I'll be sure to help you with that." His eyes bore into her with a rather cold icy blue gleam, a yellow ring visible in the irises that wasn't there. "There's no good adventure without a little... running." He sounds as if he would have said something else, though if she picked up on it and would have guessed the word he might have used instead, is a question unasked.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Divest]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    don't come find me; any - by Divest - 10-19-2019, 02:43 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 10-28-2019, 02:15 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 11-05-2019, 07:22 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 11-07-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 11-07-2019, 04:20 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 11-10-2019, 02:13 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Divest - 12-08-2019, 02:30 PM
    RE: don't come find me; any - by Leilan - 12-15-2019, 07:06 AM