• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul
    Darkling

Of course it’s impossible for Darkling to know shadows give no traceable signature to the blind. With the hastily crafted creature’s lack of scent or sound, it may as well be entirely non-existent to his confused sibling. Except, of course, for the fact that the claws that had swiped stone are as real and dangerous as Ghaul’s own.

It’s likely fortunate then, that Darkling hasn’t yet the sense to realize just how dangerous a weapon he could craft from mere thought. To this point, his nature had been nothing more than that of a flighty and fickle boy, and no clever or conniving mentors had as yet risen to take advantage of his unshapen future.

Instead, as Ghaul twists his head, sightlessly trying to determine what was happening, Darkling snickers, the shadowy twin twisting around to mimic Ghaul’s strange movements. When his brother presses closer however, Darkling snorts in suddenly perplexed annoyance, dark eyes nearly crossing as he tries to keep the half-monster in his sights. Ears flipping back, he leans back even as Ghaul leans in, neck wrinkling as his chin presses uncomfortably downwards.

The whuffles of Ghaul’s breath tickle his face, and he snorts again. Moments later, apparently satisfied with his investigation, Ghaul retreats, leaving Darkling pressed irritably against the rock as he eyeballs his brother with open suspicion.

Tail flicking against his haunches, Darkling snorts again. In his distraction, the shadow Ghaul had stopped mimicking it’s inspiration, but as he resettles, the creature creeps forward, placing itself ostensibly nearby. The uncertainly spoken words however, set Darkling aback, and he narrows his eyes at his draconic sibling.

After a brief moment of consideration, a faint, decidedly devilish gleam enters Darkling’s eye. “Play a game with me, and maybe we’ll see.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think that i would die for this revelation; Ghaul - by Darkling - 01-17-2020, 10:56 AM