• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to try everything; smidgen
    Lilliana likes the River.

There is a personal bias there. She was born near one, the bubbling of a brook not far from where she slipped into the world was one the first sounds she heard, the smell of running water one of the first scents to cross her nostrils. She had been raised next to one and it had gurgled its laughter with her as a filly. It encouraged her to run, inspired her to fly when there had been no other foals her age to play with. It had taken her to secret places, introduced her to her favorite bend where she and Elaina had shared all their adolescent secrets.

But there are other reasons she likes rivers.

Sometimes they go straight. Sometimes they flow from a lake, from water sources far away to the ocean. Sometimes it is a straight path from there to the sea. Sometimes it is not. Rivers can turn left, loop around, go the opposite direction. They can run circles and go right back to where they started before they continue their journey seaward. Lilliana comes to the River time and time again to remind herself that life is rarely straightforward. She comes here to remind herself that life will take her sideways, will loop around, will bring her right back to where she started time and time again.

And that was alright. The river would eventually find its way and so would she.

Her head is more or less in the clouds together, those blue eyes fixed and dreaming as the bluebird flies. She wonders again, as she always does, what the view is like up there. Can horses that fly see things more clearly than those stuck on the ground? Is there a clarity that can be found above the clouds that can't be found standing on the soil? The bird continues its flight, its winged form carrying itself further and further away from Lilliana and leaving her with the knowledge that she would have to turn around soon. Dusk would soon be upon the River and if she wished to reach Taiga before dark, she would have to leave.

One ear flicks towards the sound of the amiable voice and Lilli scans for its owner. It takes but a moment and her blue-eyed gaze comes to rest on Smidgen. "It is," she agrees in a voice as warm as the day around them. "There were times that I thought winter would never end. Days like today are a good reminder that they are worth the wait." A dimple forms in her left cheek, "It's lovely to meet you, Smidgen. I'm Lilliana but please, call me Lilli."

A sheepish smile graces her mouth, "You caught me birdwatching." It's something she has always felt foolish about. "I like to imagine all the places they've been," she offers by way of explanation. There is one fleeting look back to the open sky above and then her eyes meet with Smidgen's, brightening with curiosity. "What about you? What brings you out to the River today?"
    LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Smidgen]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    i want to try everything; smidgen - by lilliana - 09-29-2019, 09:01 PM
    RE: i want to try everything; smidgen - by lilliana - 10-05-2019, 08:07 PM