• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any

I've never loved a darker blue than the darkness I have known in you

Leliana has never been one to thirst for war.

Even when her mind had been flooded by magic, warped by the power of it, she had never actively sought it out. She had breathed war across Beqanna, but it had been a mistake—a misstep in her attempt to right the wrongs that appeared to vivid to her. She had never wanted anything but the peace.

So perhaps that is why this man, a hunger for peace so clear in his gaze, feels so right.

Suddenly, she could not imagine anyone else protecting them as Champion.

There is relief in the way she exhales, the air suddenly sweeter as her wings fold across her back. “Then you and I are of one mind,” there is a moment when she looks to the horizon, contemplative, before bringing her gaze back to him. “We have no desire to stir war. To incite violence. But these people, and this land, are family. We will not stand by should war come knocking on our door once more.”

She feels a rare steel in the way her words do not bend.

She has never thought herself weak, but she knows in this moment, that she would fight to the last breath if it meant protecting her home, her people, and her family.

It is a relief to know that she would not have to fight alone.

“But I hope such things never come to pass. I would much rather pass the time in more pleasant ways.” She reaches over to grab a berry, biting and letting the juice fill her mouth.

“Tell me of your sisters. What are they like?”

like fire weeping from a cedar tree, know that my love would burn with me

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i said i'm sorry mama for my vices; leli/any - by leliana - 09-19-2019, 11:51 PM