• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All for One [Heartfire & Castile]
    The silence between the three of them has Jesper second-guessing his decision to call this meeting. However, he is reminded by his diplomatic training that this is how it should be done, even if he would not like the answer. Bronze-tipped lobes take turns rotating between Heartfire and Castile. That is, until the Loessian king speaks. Interesting, is the tobiano's first reaction. Well, it isn't a complete rejection, Jesper thinks to himself.

Then, Castile continues, addressing him by name first. Oh goodness, here we go. Castile's tone is laced with warning but, not the sort from an angry leader. Instead, he speaks from a place you would expect from an experienced parent. To be honest, Jesper had not given any thought to how forcing his son to come to him might cause resentment. The fox-shifter could only surmise that his kids either did not know he existed and, that he could explain everything; fix everything, just through talking with him. At the very least, his son should give him points for being clever, no? Well, someone should! The black steed quirks an eyebrow as Castile offers to find his son and enlighten him of his father's existence. Jesper certainly trusts Castile enough.

The black sighs, audibly, as he realizes that stealing his kid is not really the best course of action. At least not the best first course. His facial expression relaxes and, after a quick glance to check-in on Heartfire, Jesper realizes the conversation is between him and Castile. "I appreciate your advice here, Castile. I am new at this parenting thing though, with one on the way, I am sure I will learn lots." He pauses and, his lips pull into a nervous but soft smile.

His facial features shift and become more serious as he speaks again. "I worry that hearing the news from someone other than me, discredits me. But, if he truly does not know I exist, we may find ourselves at an impasse: him not knowing of me, let alone where to find me, and, myself unable to go to him. I also worry that he does know of me and has made his mind up about who I am without all of the facts; without hearing what I have to say." Jesper falls silent as his internal battle rages on. Should he allow Castile to help? He is his son's King. The thought makes the black a little uncomfortable though, the shiny-haired paint is preferred over most. At long last, Jesper comes to a decision. "I suppose a meeting between a King and his subject is worth trying. If Juice will not at least make an effort, I will find another way. I don't think it is too much to ask for him to at least hear me out. That being said, I fully intend to see this through to the end. I simply must. I owe it to his mother." If it was not evident earlier that guilt and grief drove the black to this meeting, it should be now. He was desperately clinging to what he knows is proper etiquette. But, a desperate fox is dangerous; dangerously iron-willed, impulsive and reckless.

@[Heartfire] @[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 09-15-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-25-2019, 07:25 AM