• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All for One [Heartfire & Castile]
    He notes how stoic the Loessian king approaches. Jesper remains at ease while Heartfire and Castile are settling in. As soon as the other male's mismatched eyes lock with his, the black stallion begins to feel the shift in the conversation. He begins to feel a burn in both cheeks and, a pounding within his chest. Jesper takes a deep breath and reminds himself that he called this meeting. Taking point was inevitable and, it seems that the time had come for him to do just that. He organizes his thoughts and, checks his tone to ensure his delivery is untainted by his emotions.

With a sigh the only sign to betray what is to come, Jesper begins, "I received a visit from Eyas." His aquamarine gaze finds Heartfire's blue eyes in the hope that she recognizes the name. Regardless, he allows his gaze to dart between theirs as he continues. "She brought to light that I have a child. Children, actually. Lavendel gave birth to twins. I had no idea." He swallows hard as memories resurface and, his throat becomes thick. He pushes on, his voice slightly tainted with the heaviness scarring his heart.

"After Sylva tortured me, I thought I was shattered beyond repair. It was only when Sylva took Lamb that I truly broke down. Nothing that happened to me in those woods compares to how much I suffered worrying about her and, what she was going through. And now, I learn she endured everything while carrying our kids." Jesper's voice cracks as his last efforts to hide his sorrow fail. He promised himself he would not cry but, he feels his tears welling up in the corner of his eyes. His already light blue gaze grows misty just before he closes them. So much for not getting emotional, Jes, he thinks to himself.

He takes a breath. When they open, his tender gaze has become icy in determination. His aquamarine gaze finds Castile's as he continues; his tone steady and sincere. "I have to see for myself if this information is true. I must know for sure if what Eyas said is real. You see, if my son does exist and he does live in Sylva, I must ask myself why he has not sought me out before now? I figure, either his mother died before she could tell him about me and thus, he does not know I exist. Or, he knows I exist but does not wish to know me. I owe it to Lamb to find him and find out. However, I cannot travel to Sylva. I physically cannot bring myself to return and please do not ask me why. I also cannot ask anyone else to summon him for me. I must do this. Therefore, I plan to summon him using the laws of Beqanna. He cannot avoid the law of the land; the law of the faeries. Though it may seem drastic, he will have no choice but to honor a valid steal. I called you both here because, before I take action, I wanted to pre-emptively clarify that my intention is entirely personal. I mean no ill-well against Loess or, you, Castile, for that matter. And, I thought Heartfire should be present, as a witness but, also as my Queen. I greatly respect you both and, I wish to honor that respect with the courtesy of explaining up front. Albeit untraditional, I hope by telling you in advance, you understand that stealing my son is in no way an attack against you."

At long last, Jesper falls silent. He can only hope that his plea suffices. The black feels that he has said enough for now. He waits, patiently, for their response. In the interim, he cannot help but get lost in the sound of his own heart pounding against his chest in anticipation.

@[Castile] @[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 09-15-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-08-2019, 09:55 PM
    RE: All for One [Heartfire & Castile] - by Jesper - 10-25-2019, 07:25 AM