• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn
    Thorn remembers the sun he woke to everyday as a child. There were days that he relaxed beneath five feet long elephant ear leaves, watching rain drip from the overhead greenery as if he had nothing better to do. He was a relaxed boy, one that rarely found his heart racing; instead, that love of his only grew and grew until it felt as if his heart would burst from his chest—

His heart is magic, that rush of love and dopamine extra potent.

He feels like magic incarnate when Prayer’s eyes come back to his. The grin on his lips is made of pure sunlight. A burning thrum builds in his chest.

Snow is white and only an inch deep when the pair set off. Thorn’s hooves kick up the light dusting, mixing dark brown dirt with the blinding ivory and sharp clarity of ice. As he runs he begins to warm, the working of his muscles sending the smallest amount of steam into the air. When he grows tired of their running, he comes to a sliding halt, dipping beneath a low-hanging branch to peer at the stark black of Prayer.

The desire to take her to his home is sudden and overwhelming—he can’t get the idea of her smiling face looking up to meet Wonder’s out of his head. And his siblings! They would surely love her, too.

Yes, he thinks, I should invite her home.

“Hey, Prayer . . .” he calls with a cheeky grin. “Do you wanna come home with me? You’d love my siblings. We’re just a big happy family.” His heart swells, literally, as he imagines how she’ll fit in like a missing piece of a puzzle.
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

@[prayer]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn - by thorn - 10-18-2019, 10:58 PM