• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  blood sweat and heartbeats; any
    KENSA
    we were golden. we were fire. we were magic.

Truth be told she never expected to find even this amiable acquaintance with Leilan. Though they both seem to easily turn to humor he strikes her as grumpy and solitary much of the time. Perhaps that is good, to have some balance among the members of Hyaline. She is always fast to make friends but has never pushed the issue with the dragon, finding that it is nice that he requires nothing of her, not kind words or coddling or even now— when they are both raw from unspoken hurts—affection. At this point in her life Kensa needs people around her like Leilan.

...maybe eat one of them instead of returning them for gold. Laughter makes it past her lips before her tight throat can strangle it away. She has no use for maidens and has all the gold she needs but imagining a dragon making a snack out of the least profitable of his hostages is morbidly amusing.

Now manhunting, she has done her fair share of that but none at all of the kind her Lieutenant is implying. It is a toothy grin he wears after making the unique suggestion. Kensa studies Leilan with appraising ochre eyes and admires the scissor bite of large, sharp fangs. “I might. Though I must insist on doing no harm”—her smile is somehow almost as sharp as his—“except where some measure of harm is due.”

@[Leilan] I'm sorry this is short! I'm going to have to get back into the swing!!

Messages In This Thread
    blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 08-30-2019, 02:57 AM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-08-2019, 09:26 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 09-09-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Kensa - 09-26-2019, 10:00 PM
    RE: blood sweat and heartbeats; any - by Leilan - 10-26-2019, 04:21 AM